All users within the system that have access to any feature needs to have a valid user account for access. This information is used to customize a users experience on both the public and private (portal) access within the site. Once created users will have access to keep their information updated while also having access to other defiend access. By default, a user has no access to any module unless it is implicited stated.
- You will need to have access to the Users module
- The following fields are required for a user to have access.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address
- User level
- Active box being checked
- Any required security settings
- Click on Users
- Click on Add New to add a new user or click on the Edit icon (pencil) to edit an existing user.
- User Information
- Email Address - Primary email of the user
- Facility - Facility is actually representative of the account that the user is associated with it. Say you have an office workers account and John Smith is an office worker. John Smith's facility would be office worker.
- Password - The user uses this to login.
- Phone - The user's phone number
- Birthday - The user's birthday
- Temporary Password - This password only lasts until the user logins in with this password and then resets their actual password. After password reset is complete the temporary password is deleted. Therefore it can't be used again.
- Group Level - This determines the privilege level that the user is alloted.
- Active - If you don't want a user account to be used then you can uncheck this box.
- Password Expired - This forces the user to reset their password.
- Include in mailing list - This determines whether the user will be a part of a mailing list. This mailing list is set up here.
- Portal Administrator - one can check this if you want the user to be able to access the portal where content can be edited determined by their security level.
- Locked - As an alternative to Active. If for one reason or another that a user needed to be locked out of their account it's done by checking this checkbox
- Image Information - Select the image - simply click on the select button and select your image from the file manager.
- User Details
- Title - Fill this in with the job title of the user.
- Display Order - Let's assume that you have your employees listed on your website. Typically it's ordered by alphabetical order. However if you choose to make a custom order then you can specify the order of employees.
- Hire Date - When the employee was hired.
- Description - What is the job description.
- Address Information
- All address contact information is stored here. See the address module for information related to all the fields available in the address module.
- User Logs - This tracks the activity of the user as well as the IP address at the time.
- All activity related to the user is logged and stored in here.
- Security Information - In this section you are able to specify what the user has access to in the portal.
- Security wil vary based on the module(s) available. Common modules are Accounts, App Setup, Blog Posts, Downloads, File Manager, KB Articles, Log Viewer, Notes & Events, Page Content, Redirector, System Alerts, Tasks, and User Maintenance.