Module: Portal Users
Within Portal Users, you keep track of everyone that has login access into your system or subscribes to newsletters all within a centralized place. This allows you to control all interactions with those that you want to communicate and continue to inform.
- Unlimited number of users can be associated with Accounts/Leads.
- Users can be given access to one or more modules or just the ability to update their newsletter information.
- Logging of user's activities within the portal.
- Attach tasks to individual users.
You will need to have a valid system login that has been granted access to the Downloads module.
Click for the full size version of the image.
Adding & Editing
- Quick Tasks: A quick way of adding a task to a specific user you are looking at.
- Description: The description of the work being done for a task.
- Hours: The number of hours the task took.
- Category: Assigns a category to the task.
- Task Complete: Mark the task as complete.
- User Information
- First Name: The first name of the user.
- Last Name: The last name of the user.
- Email Address: The email address of the user.
- Account: The Account/Lead the user is associated with.
- Password: This gives you the ability to assign a password to the user.
- Note: If you opt to change a password or create a new account and a password is not set the system will genearte a 36-digit random password.
- Change Password: Turn this on for a password change to take effect.
- Phone Number: The phone number to the user.
- Portal Layout: The portal layout that will be assigned to the user.
- Security Group(s): The security group(s) that the user belongs to.
- Active: Whether the user is active or not.
- Portal Administrator: If the user should be considered an administrator or not.
- Note: Those that are marked as administrators are able to see a lot of information and should only be given to people within your organization that need this access level.
- Password Expired: The users password is expired.
- Include In Mailing List: Whether the user should be included in newsletters sent out of the system.
- Image: The head shot image of the user.
- User Details
- Title: The users overall title which may be different from the address details.
- Display Order: The display order of the user.
- Note: Any user you do not wish to show in any lists on the public side should have a display order of -1.
- Hire Date: The date the person was hired.
- Theme (Portal): The color scheme the user will see.
- Tags: Tags are a way of grouping and displaying your users.
- Description: A description related to the user.
- Address Information: For information on editing the address information click here.
- User Logs: Any activities the system has captured related to the user.
- Tasks: All tasks that are associated with the user.
Tips & Tricks
- Make certain that each user is given a unique account. Shared accounts do not give you the ability to track who made changes to the system.