The mission of our SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Specialist is to maximize the volume of inbound organic traffic from search engines to a website. This is accomplished through a combination of on-page and off-page techniques, including link-building, social media strategy, viral marketing, metadata sculpting, site speed optimization, content strategy, information architecture, and more.
As a result of the daily changes in the search algorithms of Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other leaders in search, an SEO expert works in a dynamic environment that requires them to be continually learning, fine-tuning their skills, and experimenting to discover how the industry is shifting.
There’s no college program to train on SEO, few industry standards, and many misconceptions and outdated ideas connected to the industry. Professionals in this industry break into their positions through experience, success, research, and trial and error.
You will be working closely with our social media and content writers to make certain that the content is written is designed well for being found on the search engines.
This is a part-time internship and we will work around your schedule whether you are in school or not. You will be required to perform your work the majority of the time at our office in Valparaiso Indiana.
- Experience with Google and Bing’s services, including Analytics, AdWords, and Webmaster Tools
- Experience with Google’s Keyword Tool
- A functional understanding of HTML and CSS
- The ability to work with back-end SEO elements such as .htaccess, robots.txt, metadata, site speed optimization, and related skills
- Custom (HTML5/CSS3)
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Zurb Foundation
- Proven success in link building and viral strategies
- The ability to deploy an effective local and long-tail search strategy
- A deep understanding of mobile strategy and how it relates to SEO
- A solid grasp of how blogging, press releases, social media, and related strategies go hand-in-hand with SEO
- Experience in building inbound organic search traffic and improving SERPs
- A background in creating reports showing web analytics data and site evaluations
- An up-to-date, working knowledge of current, past, and projected trends in the SEO industry
- Familiarity with the best tools in the trade
- You will work on continually improving a sites health, visibility, removing bad backlinks, and adding good bad links
- Supplementary skills: PHP, UX, IA, CRO, SEM, Content Strategy, Social Media
- Review and analyze client sites for areas that need to improved, deleted, or revised
- Prepare detailed strategy reports, monthly status reports, and be able to clearly communicate these reports with the customer no matter what there level of knowledge is
- Identify the least expensive but most powerful and profitable keywords for client sites
- Run pay-per-click campaigns
- Improve a company's organic search results
- Our goal as a company is to not use paid advertising but grow traffic organically for our clients
- Write effective headlines, body copy, and websites
- Work with the content writing team for content
- Ensure websites are filled with optimal keywords
- Place keywords appropriately in copy to gain most search engine traffic.
- Work with our content writers to write effective call-to-action statements
- Implement off-page SEO content strategies such as coding
- Effectively use header tags
- Keep abreast of white hat and black hat tactics so as not to violate search engine guidelines
- Strategize ways to improve and track site performance
- Compile and present SEO performance reports
- Adjust PPC campaigns as needed
- Consult with independent web designers to improve the navigation of a site to enhance its search engine ranking
- Utilize basic programming and web design skills to enhance SEO
- Create advanced SEO strategies
- Evaluate product offering, traffic, landing page quality, content, design, security, payment options, shipping options, demographics of prospective customers when determining keywords and campaigns
Wage is based on experience. Unlike many companies, we do not require you to be an expert. We EXPECT honesty (our rule #1), loyalty, and hard work. If you can do that and are willing to learn then we would love to hear from you.
It is the policy of @BUSINESSNAME@ to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, @BUSINESSNAME@ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.